A presentation of our methodology, tools and visualizations can be found here.
The following NLP tools are being used for text mining in BiographyNet.
- The OpeNER named entity recognizer: indicates which words refer to a person, organization, location or other named entity
- HeidelTime: identifies temporal expressions and normalizes them
- The UKB Word Sense Disambiguation system: identifies which WordNet sense is most likely in a given context
- Ontotagger: identifies the ontological class of a given word, for instance the FrameNet frame of a given verb
- Semantic Role Labeler: identifies which role a participant plays in a given event
- Metadata identifier: identifies information from metadata in text